Florida Military Defense Lawyers
Zealously Protecting Military Servicemen & Women in FL
At Military Justice Attorneys, our military defense attorneys are committed to protecting the rights of active-duty military servicemembers and veterans in various legal matters, from SCRA violations to sexual assault allegations. Our Florida lawyers have over 40 years of experience to prioritize your unique needs and guide your steps with sound counsel.
With a comprehensive understanding of military and criminal law, clients trust our firm to aggressively defend their freedom in courts-martial and related proceedings. For decades, our attorneys have helped U.S. servicemen and women preserve their military careers and hard-earned reputations, making us well-equipped to guide your steps wisely and pursue the favorable outcome you deserve after years or decades of selfless service.
Military offenses can result in serious repercussions. Our passionate defense attorneys can defend your rights. Contact us online to discuss your case.
Defending U.S. Servicemembers in Military Disputes
Regardless of your branch or rank, we can represent your best interests in Florida courts by helping you navigate the legal intricacies of your case. Our military defense attorneys defend active-duty servicemembers facing various criminal allegations and military offenses. Common military law cases we handle include:
- Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) Violations: Our military defense lawyers have extensive experience protecting servicemembers from unfair treatment and violations under the SCRA, which provides legal coverage for military personnel during active duty. We can help you navigate various issues under the SCRA, such as interest rate caps, lease terminations, mortgage foreclosures, and vehicle possessions.
- Correction of Records: If inaccuracies exist in your military records, our attorneys can guide you through the correction process to ensure that your records accurately reflect your service history and achievements.
- Discharge Upgrade: If you received an other-than-honorable (OTH) discharge due to sexual assault or harassment, PTSD/TBI, or a related mental health condition, our firm can help you petition for a discharge upgrade to reflect your service history. Our firm is also well-versed in cases involving discrimination under the since-repealed “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” (DADT) policy.
- Administrative Appeals: Our firm can represent you in challenging adverse administrative decisions, providing skilled advocacy to help you navigate the appeals process. Common issues we handle include adverse counseling, adverse referral evaluation reports, Article 138 complaints, Article 15/non-judicial punishment (NJP), demotion appeals, DNA expungement, and titling actions.
- Administrative Separation: If you're facing involuntary administrative separation, our military defense attorneys can fight to preserve your career and protect against reputational damage. We assist servicemembers in various disputes, including officer separations, enlisted separations/chapter boards, and notification procedures.
- Camp Lejeune Water Contamination: For veterans affected by water contamination at Camp Lejeune, our firm can assist you in filing a claim and pursuing the fair compensation you deserve.
Reliable Representation for Courts-Martial Defense & Appeals
Our military defense lawyers are experienced in courts-martial defense and court-martial appeals. We can employ an aggressive defense and effective legal strategies on your behalf to challenge the allegations against you and safeguard your rights as a U.S. servicemember. Common military offenses we defend against include:
- Drug Offenses
- Assault & Battery
- AWOL & Desertion
- Domestic Violence
- Drill Sergeant & Instructor Misconduct
- Officer & Recruiter Misconduct
- Internet Sex Crimes
- Sexual Assault
Military Locations We Serve in FL
Our determined attorneys pursue justice for military servicemembers throughout the Sunshine State. Common locations we serve include:
- Eglin Air Force Base (Valparaiso)
- MacDill Air Force Base (Tampa)
- Naval Air Station (Jacksonville)
- Naval Air Station (Pensacola)
When to Hire a Military Defense Lawyer
Military defense lawyers represent U.S. military servicemembers facing criminal allegations and disputes. These attorneys have a deep understanding of military law, empowering them to operate effectively in the unique setting of courts-martial and other military proceedings that other attorneys are unfamiliar with.
Any active-duty servicemember or veteran facing allegations of misconduct or related legal disputes under the jurisdiction of military law should strongly consider securing experienced representation. A qualified attorney can provide invaluable guidance to pursue a favorable outcome in court-martial and related proceedings.
Our knowledgeable team is here to defend those who defend our freedom. We can fight to ensure your rights are upheld throughout your case to protect your reputation and preserve your career. From thoroughly reviewing your case to identifying grounds for appeals to preparing appellate briefs, our highly skilled advocates can help you pursue a just outcome.
As former military officers, our military attorneys are well-acquainted with the legal intricacies of military and criminal law, allowing us to seek justice for servicemembers of any rank and branch of the U.S. military. If you’re under investigation or facing a pending court-martial, our advocates can confidently guide your steps toward a fair resolution.
"I trusted him with my career on the line, and he was outstanding."
Mr. Hill tore apart the government's theory piece by piece . . . I trusted him with my career on the line, and he was outstanding.- Petty Officer Third Class, USN
"I would not want my fate in anyone else’s hands."
Gerry Healy is an outstanding attorney. In the courtroom he is confident, knowledgeable, and aggressive. I would not want my fate in anyone else’s hands.- Airman First Class, USAF
"Mr. Hodge was relentless in his defense of me"
Mr. Hodge was relentless in his defense of me . . . and absolved me of any wrongdoing under the UCMJ.- Corporal, USMC
"I would hire them again in a heartbeat."
Gerry and Josh are absolute professional monsters in the courtroom. I would hire them again in a heartbeat and wouldn’t want anyone else in my corner!- Private First Class, USA
"The Best Possible Outcome."
The results I received from the board was the best possible outcome and saved my career and my family's future.- Master Sergeant, USAF
Camp Pendleton, CA. Marine charged with sexually assaulting a dependent spouse was found not guilty after MJA obtained DNA testing.
FULL ACQUITTAL FULL ACQUITTAL
Fort Stewart, GA. Army Staff Sergeant fully acquitted of larceny and solicitation to commit larceny of government property.
CHARGES DISMISSED WITH PREJUDICE CHARGES DISMISSED WITH PREJUDICE
Fort Campbell, KY. Sexual assault charges dismissed with prejudice after MJA exposed government discovery violations.
FULL ACQUITTAL FULL ACQUITTAL
Spangdahlem Air Base, Germany. Senior Airman falsely accused of committing rape and sexual assault against a fellow service member. Not guilty verdict was returned with 30 minutes of deliberation.
FULL ACQUITTAL FULL ACQUITTAL
Kings Bay, GA. Navy Master-at-Arms found not guilty of allegedly unholstering firearm and pointing it at another Sailor.
CHARGES DISMISSED CHARGES DISMISSED
Fort Johnson, LA. Army Specialist charged with multiple sexual assaults released from confinement and had charges dismissed due to false allegations.